Closer to those who need it

If you are in a situation of economic or social vulnerability you may be eligible for the Social Rate, which consists of a discount on the price of natural gas or propane gas.

How to apply for it

  • You can apply over the internet by entering Mi ANSES.
  • For a step-by-step guide to the process, click here..
  • If you do not have a Social Security Password,these instructions will help you generate one..
  • The granting of the Social Rate depends exclusively on the Department of Energy, and a check will be carried out every month to confirm its continuation.
  • The rate is valid for 12 months.

You are eligible for the Social Rate if:

  • You are retired or a pensioner
  • You are employed
  • You work under the “Monotributo” (Simplified Tax Scheme for Small Tax Payers) or “Monotributo Social” (Simplified Tax Scheme for Very Small Tax Payers) scheme
  • You receive a social assistance subsidy
  • You are a domestic worker
  • You receive unemployment benefits
  • You receive an Honorific Pension for Veterans of the War of the South Atlantic
  • You receive a non-contributory pension
  • The service is in your name and you have a Single Certificate of Disability (CUD, Certificado Único de Discapacidad).


  • Up-to-date personal and family group information (father/mother-child/custody and spouse/cohabitant) at ANSES.
  • The natural gas service is in your name. If the invoice is not in your name, you can request the provisional Social Rate and you will have 3 months to change the name on the service.
  • The members of the family group cannot have more than one gas meter in their name.
  • You do not own more than one property.
  • The income of the person whose name the gas service is under must be no more than twice the adjustable minimum wage. Gross income is considered (without reductions). Income is not considered if it corresponds to the Honorific Pension for Veterans of the War of the South Atlantic, social schemes, the special Social Security scheme for domestic workers and Unemployment Benefits.
  • You do not own a vehicle that is less than 10 years old. This requirement does not apply to those persons with a disability certificate.
  • You do not own aircraft or luxury boats.
If in the first 6 months after the Social Rate is authorized your income exceeds twice the adjustable minimum wage, the Social Rate will be suspended. If your income reverts to the required minimum, the Social Rate will be implemented automatically and you will not have to do anything. If from the seventh month the rate is granted your income exceeds twice the adjustable minimum wage, the Social rate will be cancelled, and if your income reverts to the required minimum you will have to process a new application.